Southern Ohio Antique Tractor Pullers Association
Type your paragraph here.
General Rules: Antique Classes 3500# to 8500# Classes
500 lbs. increments
1. Drivers must be 14 years of age or older. Those under 18 years of age must have written parental/guardian permission.
2. Drivers must stay on the seat of the tractor at all times. Hands must be on the steering wheel, hand clutch, or throttle. Feet must stay on platform at all times during the pull.
3. Any tractor or puller found to be unsafe or illegal may be disqualified or barred from hooking. No alcoholic beverage will be permitted during pull.
4. Any tractor parts falling off (Weights, Fly Covers, etc.) while hooked to the sled will be DQed..
5. Tractor must stay in bounds at all times during pull.
6. Wheelie bars are required, must be out past rear tires. 10" height maximum while hooked to sled. All tractors will have a safety kill switch.
7. Draw bars will have a maximum height of 20" and no less than 18" from center of axle to hook point. Must be stationary in all directions.
8. Weights must not extend rearward beyond rear tires and cannot be more than 11 feet from the center of the rear axle to furthest point forward. (Must be stock wheelbase -- cannot be altered)
9. No steel wheels. Two wheel drive only. No duals.
9a. Radial tires will be permitted in all classes.
10. Tractors must be naturally aspirated.
11. Gas, diesel or LP fuels only. No alcohol or nitrous oxide fuels may be used in tractors. Gas is allowed with a maximum of 750 specific gravity. All tractors are subject to random fuel checks. Tractors manufactured to use diesel fuel only cannot be converted to gas or LP.
12. Fan-guards on all tractors (side shield or fan shield). Mandatory
13. RPMs and MPH will be checked from ½ track until the pull is completed. RPMs allowed will be determined by the M&W chart. Any tractor not listed will use manufacturer's data. 20% margin of error will be permitted for all classes.
14. Tractors must have the Stock Ag engine, frames, transmission, rear end and axle housing or manufacturer's replacement. No adapter plates allowed for engine, Transmission, front end to bolt up.
Super Farm Stock Class Only - Radiators, Front end, Fuel Tanks, etc. must be in original location. Front tire must be Ag. Tires and 14" or larger.
-Massey 33, Oliver 77, and like size tractors are not allowed below 4000#
-Oliver 88, Farmall M, Massey 44, MM-U, JD-G, Case-C/D, JD-A and up and like size tractors are not allowed in classes below 4500#.
15. Enhanced electrical systems permitted in all classes. No rev limited allowed.
16. Heads, blocks (jugs), manifolds must be the same manufacturer as the crankcase and frame. (Replacement manufacturer allowed)
17. Any Ag. type carburetor allowed. Must be single barrel and throats and draft direction as originally manufactured.
18. Spacer plates and girdles will have no more than 1" above and below the center line of the crank shaft. 2" total.
19. Any jerking of sled or side stepping clutch will result in DQ.
20. Weight of scales will be at zero tolerance.
21. Judge's or promoter's decision is final at all times during the pull.
3 MPH (Super Farm Stock)
Super Farm Stock will run any gear. (3 MPH Max)
Tires sizes 15.5 x 38 max, or 16.9x34, 14.9 x 38, 16.9 x 28. (16" rim max.)
18.4 x 38 7500#-8500# (16" rim max.) Front tires must be at least 14" and AG tires (3 Rib or Multi-Rib allowed)
Top cut tires allowed - No front edge cut allowed
Stock sheet metal and hoods. Stock wheel base.
1959 and older.
4 MPH (Modified Stock)
Modified Stock will run any gear (4 MPH Max)
Tire size will be 18.4 x 38. Cut tires allowed.
Stock sheet metal and hoods. Stock wheel base!
1959 and older.
Type your paragraph here.
1. Driver must be a member or associate member of S.O.A.T.P.A.
2. Drivers must be 18 years of age or older. If under 18 years of age must have written parental/guardian permission.
3. Drivers must stay in seat of tractor at all times. Hands must be on the steering wheel, hand brakes, hand clutch, or throttle at all times during the pull.
4. Any tractor or puller found to be unsafe or illegal maybe disqualified or barred from hooking. No alcoholic beverages will be permitted.
5. Any part falling from the tractor while pulling or hooked to the sled will result in DQ.
6. Tractor must stay in bounds at all times.
7. Wheelie bars are required. 10'' height maximum. All tractors must have safety kill switches.
8. Draw bars must not exceed 20 inches in height and less than 18 inches from center of axle to hooking point. No part of the draw bar may extend rearward beyond the point of hook. Draw bars must be stationary in all directions and must have 3 inch round hole. No clevises.
9. Maximum length not to exceed 14 feet from the center of rear axle to the furthest point forward.
10. 18.4-38 tire limit in the 4000, 4500, 5500, and 6500 (5mph classes. 20.8-38 tire limit in 6500,7500,8500, and 9500 (no speed limit) classes. No steel wheels. Two wheel drive only. No duals.
11. Gas, diesel, or LP fuels only, and must have tractor style block with OEM style head. Only one turbo charger allowed.
12. Fan-Guards on all tractors (side shields or fan guard) Mandatory!
13. Any tractor running 3000 rpm or more must have a scatter blanket and side shields.
14. Judges or promoters decision is final at all times during the pull.
15. 6500, 7500, 8500, 9500 open tractors must run fenders.
16. No nitrous or other pressurized fuels except factory LP.
4000lbs (5mph) 5500lbs (5mph) 6500lbs (5mph)
No speed limit: 6500lbs, 7500lbs, 8500lbs, 9500lbs
Altered Field Stock Rules and classes:
Altered FIELD Stock
7500 lbs. will run 5mph, 8mph, and OPEN
8500 lbs. will run 4mph, 6mph, 8mph and OPEN
1. Drivers must be able to safely maintain control of the tractor at all times. Those under 18 years of age must have written parent/guardian permission.
2. No year limit on age of tractor.
3.MPH will be checked from half track until the pull is completed.
4. All Tractors must have stock appearing sheet metal.
5. 3000 rpm's maximum. The governor lever must come to the governor stop on all injection pumps.
6. Single turbo only.
7. 18.4 x 38 maximum tire size, Radials allowed. Full cut tires allowed.
8. Wheelie bars and kill switch mandatory. Wheelie bars to have a minimum of 4'' x 5'' pad and be able to support the weight of the tractor.
9. All diesel tractors must have positive air shut-off kill switch.
10. Scatter blankets and steel flywheels strongly recommended. All tractors must have fenders. Fenders must be as tall as the tire for drivers protection.
11. Dead man throttle recommended.
12. Diesel tractors may inject water, but not alcohol.
13. Draw bar must not exceed must not exceed 20'' in height and be 18'' be 18'' from the center of the rear axle to the hooking point. No part of the draw bar may extend may extend rearward beyond the point of hook. Draw bars must be stationary I all directions. No clevises.
14. Total length of the tractor is to be a maximum of 13' from the center of the rear axle to the furthest point forward, including weights. Weight brackets may be used.
15. Any jerking of the sled or side stepping clutch will result in disqualification.
16. Drivers must stay in the seat at all times. Hands must be on the steering wheel, hand clutch, or throttle at all times. Feet must stay on the platform at all times.
17. Any tractor or puller found to be unsafe or Illegal maybe disqualified or barred from hooking. No alcoholic beverages will be permitted during pull.
18. Judge's or promoter's decision is final at times during the pull.
19. Tractor, not sled, must remain in bounds at all times during the pull, Tractor out of bounds will result in disqualification. No stopping after 50' mark. Boundary lines will be in place on the track for all pulls. Flag person has the discretion to disqualify the puller if he/she does not stop when flagged.